A.N. Prior - The Founding Father of Temporal Logic
This WWW-site is devoted to the Life and Work of Arthur Norman Prior (1914-69), the founding father of temporal logic. A special emphasis is placed on Prior's papers in The Bodleian Library, Oxford.
The information is structured such as to take advantage of the facilities provided by the Internet, especially wrt. hypertext and inter-linking of mutually relevant documents. More exactly how that is done is explained in the appropriate places, for instance in the introduction to the boxes containing Prior's papers in The Bodleian Library. Three major types of information are found here:
- General information on A. N. Prior, for instance his 'Life' and a list
of Secondary literature.
- Bibliography of A. N. Prior (in two parts).
- Description of the material kept in the Bodleian Library.
- Publications of articles by Prior kept at the Bodleian Library and elsewhere are under preparation from The Virtual Lab for Prior Studies.
- The Virtual Lab for Prior Studies (an international community)
- Arthur Prior Centenary Conference, Oxford, 2014
- A special issue of Synthese dedicated to the study of Prior's Nachlass
A very important feature of this presentation of Prior's work is its emphasis on internal relations between various items - for instance, relations between published and unpublished papers, relations between papers and correspondence, and so forth. Cross-references established as links indicate such relations. The links are sometimes given at top level, and sometimes via further information, as seems most suitable.